Consumer Directed Personal Assistance Services (CDPAS)
Recco Home Care Services is an approved Fiscal Intermediary (FI) of the Consumer Directed Personal Assistance Services Program, also known as CDPAS. Recco has been providing FI services to CDPAS Consumers for over 20 years and was the first licensed agency to be approved to provide CDPAS services in all three counties (Suffolk, Nassau and Westchester). Recco also provides CDPAS FI Services to Consumers in Queens, Brooklyn, Manhattan and the Bronx.
CDPAS IS UNIQUE
The CDPAS program allows the consumer/designated representative to administer and assume responsibility for their own care.
The flexibility of this program and the way in which it is administered is what makes it so unique. It promotes independence and gives the consumer a true sense of involvement in the decision making process with his/her own care.
The Consumer/Designated Representative is responsible to:
• Recruit, interview, hire and train their personal assistants.
• Supervise and terminate (if necessary) the personal assistants.
• Schedule and ensure back-up personal assistants.
• Distribute paychecks received from Recco, to their personal assistants.
The Fiscal Intermediary is responsible for:
• Monitoring the Consumer’s ability to meet obligations of the CDPAS program.
• Ensuring all required documentation is completed on all personal assistants (I-9, W-4, medical compliance, etc.)
• Verifying the hours worked are accurate on all personal assistant time sheets.
• Processing personal assistant payroll and issuing paychecks.
Our team of Coordinators, Nurses and administrative staff are knowledgeable in all phases of the CDPAS program and will help you manage this unique and personalized program. Our knowledge and experience in the home care field for over 50 years, has enabled us to become successful leaders in this program.
All of our consumers/designated representatives and personal assistants are fully orientated to the program by our staff. Our staff acts as the liaison between the Department of Social Services or your Managed Care Health Plan, consumer/designated representative and the personal assistants.
Training materials are developed to aid the consumers/designated representative to fully meet their responsibilities in administration of this program.
To request additional information about the CDPAS Program, please click here
To report any concerns or complaints with your FI Services, please click here